Thursday 3 December 2009

Slang

Something that is very important in understanding a language, and which I find very interesting, is slang. I don´t want to bang out about it (go on about it, nag, be a bore) but as you know in your native language, slang is always present and also often very amusing. So I have found you a website that I find amusing. It is a dictionary of slang, which you can search for the meaning of slang or look for things meaning what you wish. Also if you are trying to find the meaning of something you have heard, or seen, you can always comment here and I will get back to you :-) Don´t be shy!!!

http://www.peevish.co.uk/slang/404.htm

1 comment:

B.Martínez. said...

Here is my suggestion: Christmas Eve, the luxury hotels and restaurants in large cities will be open mainly for the unemployed and the homeless, offering free dinner and bed, and of course the staff working that night should be our politicians ... nighttime show is also their business.