Friday 17 April 2009

British tourists


Hi!

Now that Easter vacation is over, it’s time to store our pictures and start planning for next year (or hopefully, for the summer).

Look what I found on the habits of British tourist. They have published statistics on their top 10 holiday destinations and…(surprise?) Spain ranks number 1! But what is it that makes Spain so popular with the Brits? AOL tried to find out, and here are the answers.

1st destination: Spain

Why: Whatever our holiday needs, Spain meets them.

What we like: Historic cities (Seville, Cordoba, Toledo), world-famous landmarks old (Granada's Alhambra) and new (Bilbao's Guggenheim museum) and top-class cuisine (from gazpacho in the south to pintxos in the north), while in Barcelona, it has a city which combines all of the above in the best possible taste- Europe's top destination for a weekend break.

What we love: As far as the average British holidaymaker is concerned, you can't beat good, old-fashioned sun, sex and sangria, whether it be Benidorm, Malaga, Lanzarote or Ibiza.

Number of Brits: Over 12 million per year”

If you like to know more about the rest of the destinations, just click on the link below

http://travel.aol.co.uk/brits-abroad-top-10-countries-no/article/20071115082109990001

WAIT A MOMENT: 12 million coming for Sun, Sex and Sangría? It’s clear the weather helps (among other things). But I have a question for you: if you have good weather here in Spain, why do you keep going abroad on vacation?
What do you look for in a holiday destination?

Thanks in advance for your answers!

Alex

9 comments:

hiru said...

Hi, everybody! I look for in a holiday peace and quiet and sun,je,je. I´m a very active woman and I need relax in my holidays. I don´t know many places outside Spain but I know very nice place in Almeria. It called " Cabo de Gata" Is a desert but if you like the sea and to dive is the perfect place. At night you can have the dinner in the beach in a different restaurant. There are many fishing villages. It´s a fantastic place. I like it a lot of. Bye, bye..

César said...

Hello, we look for a place with beach that we don't know. Bye

Luis said...

Hello my partners
Sorry for my audacity.
I am a student of level elementary: At my holidays the summer,
I always go with my family to places with beach, from Spain or Portugal.
We hardly ever go to the mountain. We like the sea, to go for a walk, and be relaxed.

Julia said...

Hi guys!How are you?
My holidays depend on this:
If I am very tired I look for a place with beach and sun,I drink a beer,eat and I sleep nap...
If I am very rested I look for a place to visit,to walk...
bye,bye

Anonymous said...

heyyy... i´m here....That such..jajaja

Rebekah said...

It depend's. If I could go on my own I would search the world to visit all those wonders existing here and there, pyramids, waterfalls, exotic islands to scuba dive...
But as my children are still young I look for quiet places to relax without having to think about next days meals!!!!!
Such a hard life...

Rebekah

Departamento Ingles said...

Thanks a lot for your comments, guys!

I'll keep them in mind for next year's school trip...he he

Susana said...

My holidays are always a mistery, even for me. Usually I think "I'll stay at home and rest" and than my friends come and it's chaos. Swimming-pool, home repairments, a little bit of beach, lots of going out, and I enter de new schoolyear more tired than I was in July.
But, well, I'm not really complainning :)

I'm really looking forward these year's holidays! Really, really, really!

Susana said...

Of course I misspelt "the new schoolyear". Native tongue intereference, I believe ;)