Monday 26 January 2009

SIGNS, SIGNS

Hello everyone!

Today, I want to talk to you about signs. They are very important in our lives. We can’t live without these bright, colourful little things. But in other countries, signs can be really different!

For example, take next sign. What does it mean?


Perhaps: “If you want a crocodile to eat your friend, this is the moment. Push his chair!”


Other signs don’t have a picture, just words. But can you understand this?

The sign tells you: “Don’t touch the sign”. Very clever! "Ah! and don’t walk or use your car here because you can possibly die…”


Public places have their signs too. Do you go to swimming pools? If you do, maybe you've read this:




Finally, a game for you. Can you tell me the meaning of next sign? What do you think?

Clues: You can see it in California, near Mexico. This one is really serious.

IF YOU GUESS THE ANSWER, WRITE A COMMENT AND TELL US!

See you soon

Alex

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Very well.

The last sign mean what if you don´t run, the wolf eat you.

hiru said...

Hi Alex, I understand what if you see this sing, you can to find people running in the road, why near there is the fortier with Mexico. Bye, see you on Wednesday!

hiru said...

Hi Alex, I don`t understand the second sing and the third sing is very good. The first sing, I don`t know.. Bye,bye..

Departamento Ingles said...

Beware: people(again)running late for school? ha, ha, ha... Great post!!!
Cristina

Maria said...

I think what the last sign mean,if you see danger animal,you must run.

Rober said...

Hi, I think that it means danger because there are illegal inmigrants crossing the border and you can knock down.

Julia said...

hello!My son thinks:DANGER running across there aren't traffic lights.

Unknown said...

Oh, my god!!. one marathon... and now, I can´t go for other highway.