Tuesday 12 January 2010

Snow!!!














Snow. It's white, fluffy and very pretty. But that's not all. In England 2010 has commenced with the country being brought to a standstill by adverse weather conditions. Schools did not open, trains did not run and planes did not fly. In parts of Scotland temperatures got down to -22 degrees. Global warming certainly has some funny side effects.

Do you like snow? I like playing in it. But when I had to drive from Cirencester in ice and snow it sure was a scary experience. Following a lorry sliding around the Fosse Way (long Roman road that runs from South West of England to East Midlands) was not my idea of fun.

Even now, when the remnants of the snow are just a few sprinkles on rooftops and paths, schools are just opening and transport services getting back to normal. Does adverse weather cause the same problems in Spain? Or do you deal better with it? Do you like the snow? Let me know!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, sandra, and thanks for your post!! Let me tell you that we had a bit of snow ourselves in Navalmoral, and everyone was really excited!!! I guess we all love snow (since we don't get it that often...) Maybe our students would like to upload some pictures they took yesterday? Please do!!!
Take care,
Cristina

Anonymous said...

Yeah, driving across the whole of Spain in this weather is not my idea of fun either.
Let it snow, let it snow... somewhere else!

Alex

Anonymous said...

By the way, check this one out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi47UcyK4Ms

There are so many things you can't do in this weather...

Enjoy1

Alex

Anonymous said...

Cristina - my housemates told me about the snow! I couldn't believe it! Any photos would be wonderful seeing as I missed it.

Can you believe Toni is stuck at the airport after more snow today...woke up to another blanket of it just as we think the weather is getting warmer. It is very pretty though. Will take some photos ;)

Sandra