Thursday 28 January 2010

Carnival

Carnival for me will be a new experience. In England, I´m not sure if you are aware, but we throw all Carnival traditions out the window, with it marking the beginning of Lent, and the few that are celebrated take place in the summer, the most famous being Notting Hill Carnival. Whilst I did experience to some extent carnival in Lisbon, they do not celebrate it very much there. Here everyone I speak to has 4 or 5 different costumes already ready whilst I´m still trying to get one together. I will think of one, although somehow I think that I will be put to shame. Nevermind, it will certainly be a laugh. What do you think of Carnival? How are you dressing up? Let me know...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After some years living here, I´ve learnt they won´t tell you how they are dressing up , they keep it a great secret until the carnival starts !!!!

Departamento Ingles said...

Haha. Would you believe that when I went into school on Thursday, and asked the kids how they had dressed up, not ONE of the 40 kids I teach had dressed up as anything...apparently they´ve grown out of it.
Sandra