Thursday 30 September 2010

Opening This Week...

MOVIES MOVIES MOVIES...
With the weather changing like this, don't you feel like curling up in front of a good movie?
For those of you who like going to the cinema, here are films that are openning on October 1st.
We are dying to read your comments and recommendations...
Enjoy!!


Abel


(Drama; Mexico)
About a peculiar young boy who, as he blurs reality and fantasy, takes over the responsibilities of a family man in his father's absence.



Buried

(Thriller; Spain)
Paul is a U.S. contractor working in Iraq. After an attack by a group of Iraqis he wakes to find he is buried alive inside a coffin. With only a lighter and a cell phone it's a race against time to escape this claustrophobic death trap.


Heaven on Earth

(Drama; Canada)
Chand, a young Punjabi woman, travels to Canada to marry a man she has never met. They live in a crowded suburban house and Chand has to also put up with her husband's abusive behavior.


Vampires Suck

(Comedy; USA)
A spoof of vampire-themed movies, where teenager Becca finds herself torn between two boys. As she and her friends wrestle with a number of different dramas, everything comes to a head at their prom.


Charlie St. Cloud

(Fantasy, Romace, Drama; USA)
Charlie St. Cloud is a young man overcome by grief at the death of his younger brother. So much so that he takes a job as caretaker of the cemetery in which his brother is buried. Charlie has a special lasting bond with his brother though, as he can see him. Charlie meets up with his brother (Sam) each night to play catch and talk..

Machete

(Action; USA)
After being betrayed by the organization who hired him, an ex-Federale launches a brutal rampage of revenge against his former boss.



Sources:

Estrenos de Cine (http://www.estrenosdecine.net/)
The internet Movie Database (http://www.imdb.com/)

18 comments:

María said...

Machete! Kill them Machete!

No, just joking. I don't know, I think that I'm going to look for another comedy without the vampires. I don't like drama.

DAVID GONZALEZ BUENO 1º NA said...

I think that the film "Los ojos de Julia" could be a very good premiere of this autumn. Enjoy it!

Anonymous said...

Sorry, but I haven't seen any of these films and after reading the synopses I think that I will not go to the cinema this weekend!

Lucía 1NA said...

None of the films above seem really attractive to me. I watched yesterday the trailer for "Buried" and made me feel claustrophobic :S

Anonymous said...

Merche, 1NI
I would like to see WALL STREET: THE MONEY NEVER SLEEPS, sequel to the popular film of 1987 "Wall Street" directed by Oliver Stone. This is a film about success, greed and envy, and the actors seem very good, especially Michael Douglas.

Alberto. said...

Machete rules!!!
Since the first time you'll can see a Tarantino style's movie. A crazy bloody film, wich keep inside it a huge background against the government of Texas.
Highly recommended for fans of the action films.

Anonymous said...

With this gray, rainy weather, I´m going to see "Vampiere Such", to laugh a little

Anonymous said...

Soledad Díaz Santos, 1ºNI
Sorry, I forget to put my name.
With this gray, rainy weather, I´m going to see "Vampire Such", to laugh a little

Paula M. said...

I'm not very sure about the movie I'd choose; I don't really like them, but in case of watching one I'll choose Charlie St Cloud.

Pedro 1NA said...

All of them have an interesting topic althought I think I wouldn't like films like Machete and Vampires Suck because I don't like films where vampires appear or violence films.
On the other hand, I have read about Buried in magazines, and I think it could be exciting.

Anonymous said...

Diana Melchor, 1ºNI
I would like to see the Vampires's film because I like comedy's films. I won't able to see it to the cinema, so I will have to see on Internet.

Javi Lopez (2º Advanced) said...

Seriously, I've never heard of these films but Vampires Suck. I spent a great time watching that film, it was really funny (specially the part where the werewolf introduces himself to Bella, in my view, the best scene in all the movie). Anyway, if you like action films and want to enjoy a good one, then check "Resident Evil: Afterlife" out. It's amazing how the 3d works in the fight scenes (at least at the begining, because by the end of the film the stages were getting worse and worse). If you're not really into the Resident Evil saga, then "Day Watch" could suit too (As far as I know, it's a sequel of the Russian movie "Night watch"). I've only seen the trailer, and it seems to be quite intense, but I can't really tell you anything specific (the only thing I know is that the plot is about a fight betwen light and dark forces for finding sort of a destiny chalk).

Anonymous said...

Roberto 1ºNI

All these movies seem interestning but after reading all the comments I think would see the Machete movie because its director is Robert Rodriguez and he has a style very similar to Tarantino.

Departamento Ingles said...

Thank you all for your comments!!!! We really enjoyed reading them and will have your recommendations in mind!!!
Your teachers

MIGUEL1BI said...

I have not watched any film of this. I suppose the film "Heaven on Earth" should be very interesting but, as there is not cinema here, I´m afraid i will have to wait to watch it in DVD.

Gonzalo said...

I don´t usually like movies from Hollywood, but I think I´ll go to watch MACHETE.
Sometines a little bit of violence it´s not too bad... At least at the cinema

Valentín said...

Nowadays it's very difficult to see several films on the cinema. Many of them are property of big entertainment corporations that are not interested in showing alternative films.

belen m said...

Amazing¡¡ Is this just homework?... I miss you, my teachers...¡¡