Monday 9 February 2009

Let´s go shopping!!!

Did you know that number one leisure activity in England is shopping? Well, it is.
The English are, in the words of Napoleon, “a nation of shopkeepers”, but they are also a country of compulsive shoppers.

And where do they go?

The main shopping street in many towns is called High Street where local people have small shops. Most shops, however, are owned by national “chains” of stores.
Some towns also have street markets where fresh food and cheap goods can be bought.
Away from the town centre, small corner shops provide groceries to local customers.
Shopping centres and department stores are also very popular.
What´s the world´s most famous department store?

Do you need a clue?
But this is not all, the real shopaholic can even spend money without leaving home, can you guess how?
Then, leave your comment and tell us about your shopping preferences.

And remember, if you find it hard to make ends meet try window shopping!!!
Carmela

5 comments:

quoter said...

Harrods stores also existed in New York

P. Sáez said...

I think a real shopaholic can buy many things by internet.
I had bought something by internet, but I'm not a shopaholic, I don't like to go sopping very much, only from time to time. I prefer to do windows shopping

castuo said...

I got in here!!!! I'm tired and sweat. I'm going to write more tomorrow. I can't today

quoter said...

Formerly this area of Campo Arañuelo had some livestock markets where you could buy and sell all kinds of animals ..... these markets were to cows, for other horses, donkeys, pigs and also different types of livestock along ... ... I remember it with regret that today are no longer organized livestock markets .... salutation..

Departamento Ingles said...

Thank you for your comments... Well, an easy way of shopping from home is online shopping!! Nowadays, you can do almost everything from home ... you can even go bunkrupt!!
Bye.